What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked to, directly or indirectly, a particular consumer or household. The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect about you:
|Property Information||Information collected in connection with your home, such as observed asking price, purchase price, date of purchase, property description and other home related information||
|Homeowner Information||Name and address||
Personal Information does not include:
- Information publicly available from government records
- De-identified or aggregate information
- Excluded Information required by laws requiring separate privacy notices or information that is exempt from general personal information
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Personal information obtained from third parties – CCG may obtain or receive personal information about you from other third-party sources. For example, we receive personal information from our business partners.
- Personal information obtained by observation of real estate advertising on the internet.
How We Use Your Personal Information
CCG may use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- To provide our products and services
- To improve our products and services
- To understand your interests
- To market products or services
- As required by law — we use personal information to respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order or government investigation
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Marketing leads. We may combine the personal information we collect from various sources and share it with our clients.
- Disclosures for a business purpose or valuable consideration. CCG must disclose whether the following categories of personal information are disclosed for a “business purpose” or “valuable consideration” as those terms are defined under California law. Note that while a category below may be marked, that does not necessarily mean that we have personal information in that category about you. In the preceeding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information in the manner described.
|Category||Information Is Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Information Is Disclosed for Valuable Consideration|
|Individual identifiers and demographic information||Yes||Yes|
|Internet or network activity||Yes||No|
|Inferences drawn from personal information||Yes||Yes|
|Property public record data||Yes||Yes|
How We Protect Your Personal Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to your personal information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us as described below. We will grant you reasonable access to the data that we have about you as required by law.
- Changes to your personal information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. To update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
How You Can Opt Out
You can make the following choices to opt out of certain activities regarding your personal information:
- Promotional emails or mailers. You can stop receiving promotional emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the emails or by contacting us as described below. You can stop receiving promotional mailings by contacting us using this request form.
- Do not track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast, except as required by law.
- Right to opt out of disclosure of personal information for valuable consideration. To the extent CCG sells any of your personal information, if you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization from the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age. Consumers who opt in to personal information sales may opt out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by contacting us as described below. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting us as described below. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
- Notice of disclosure for direct marketing. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with us are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with third parties and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and address. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the address listed below.
- Automated decision making. CCG does not employ automated decision-making techniques such as machine learning or artificial intelligence.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
- No fee usually required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- What we may need from you. When exercising your rights or otherwise assisting you, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure we do not disclose personal information to any person who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Time to respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 45 days of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than 45 days to respond, for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of the delay and may continue to update you regarding the progress of our response.
- No discrimination. You will not be subject to discrimination as a result of exercising the rights described herein. In some cases, when you exercise one of your rights, we will be unable to comply with the request due to legal obligations or otherwise, or we will be unable to provide you certain products or services. These responses are not discrimination, and our reasons for declining your request or ceasing services will be provided at that time.
- Authorized agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
How to Contact Us
Customer Communications Group
Attn: Privacy Department
12081 W. Alameda Pkwy., #500
Lakewood, CO 80228
Last Revised: September 28, 2021