Sr. Account Manager/Production Manager
Reports to Sr. Vice President of Account Management
- 5+ years’ marketing or advertising agency experience.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Experience in digital marketing, with an emphasis on email.
- Experience in direct marketing, with a keen understanding of marketing data and direct mail production.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior computer skills including MS Office Suite, Internet navigation and email use. Comfort with marketing platforms and HTML coding a plus.
- Experience in financial and/or retail marketing preferred.
- Financial institution experience a plus.
- Loyalty marketing experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business journals and professional journals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers and colleagues.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, interest, commissions and proportions, and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The Sr. Account Manager/Production Manager is responsible for the daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The Sr. Account Manager/Production Manager interfaces with the various departments of the agency to move things through on behalf of the client.
The Sr. Account Manager contributes to development of strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Sr. Account Manager is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis. This position is responsible for scheduling, billing and account profitability.
The position is also responsible for the following production tasks:
- Responsible for the vetting and selection of outside resources approved for use on client projects.
- Obtaining a minimum of three competitive bids from outside resources on all new projects.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of all projects including the creation and refining of all project specifications
- Assuring that project specifications are being followed throughout the creative process. (Internal and External proofing include and overall quality and vendor performance on projects. (Including maintaining project schedule, print quality, data security and quality, attending press check when appropriate etc.)
This position reports to the Sr. Vice-President of Account Management.
- Maintain day-to-day, direct client contact.
- Work proactively to provide clients’ programs/projects with the greatest amount of added value.
- Provide consulting, creative, digital and production teams with well-documented input, data and materials as required for creative, deployment and implementation of projects.
- Support consulting, creative, digital, analytics and production in selling concepts and creative materials.
- Check and approve creative/production materials, data instructions, copy, layouts, production art and deployment details, and coordinate client approval of same.
- Update agency financial forecast immediately based on new projects, scope change, rush charges and other events that have a financial impact.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Secures privacy and security policies along with insurance coverage, licensures, and certifications from printers under contract with CCG.
- Monitor account/project status and process.
- Work with traffic, creative, production and sales teams.
- Responsible for working with the traffic manager to open jobs, develop schedules and estimates.
- Monitor account/project budget and profitability, create and issue vendor purchase orders, prepare client estimates, and prepare final billing for each project.
- Stay abreast of competitor and industry information, provide input, and make recommendations to clients.
- Control client budget and schedule and report process and updates to clients.
- Provide client briefing to Senior Vice President of Account Management and team as needed.
- Coordinates production projects with the traffic manager, account manager and creative team.
Responsible for managing, assessing, and monitoring risk associated with the use of printers.